Steel is an Essential Material for All Types of Buildings
At PTL Fabricators we believe in metal as one of the most durable materials for all types of buildings including these famous steel structures
- The Empire State Building
- Made in 1931, this is probably the most iconic building when thinking about impressive metal structures.
- This 103-story skyscraper stands 1,454 feet tall and was the world’s tallest structure for nearly 40 years.
- Its massive steel frame weighs 57,000 tons.
- The Eiffel Tower
- This impressive structure is the world’s most recognized landmark.
- It was built in 1889 for the World’s Fair and stands 1,050 feet tall.
- The Gateway Arch
- Called “Gateway to the West,” this structure has stood in St. Louis, Missouri for over 50 years.
- Measuring 630 feet as its peak and constructed of stainless steel, this monument stands as the world’s tallest arch.
- The Sears Tower, also known as the Willis Tower
- Located in Chicago, Illinois, it was constructed in 1970.
- Because of the harsh winds in Chicago, the building’s strength was a design priority.
- The frame of the tower features several smaller structures held together with massive steel beams and supports.
- U.S. Steel Tower
- Pennsylvania’s Steel Tower is the most notable building on the Pittsburgh skyline and was formerly the tallest building in the state.
- It represents the U.S. Steel Corporation that constructed it as well as the large amount of steel that was used to build it.
- This structure has the largest roof on any structure of its height.
- Burj Khalifa
- At 2,719.8 feet, this structure stands as the tallest man-made structure in the world.
- It contains 163 floors with an observation deck on the 124th floor. Each elevator has to travel 1,600 feet from the bottom to the top of the building.
As you can see, the most outstanding buildings are made using steel. So, whether you’re starting a new business, building a new home, barn or garage, you know that steel is capable of doing everything you want to do and more. Turn to the experts at PTL Fabricators. We utilize more than 30 years of industrial experience to tackle our industry’s toughest challenges with inventive solutions. Contact us today.