The World Needs Metal – The Earth Needs You to Recycle It!
PTL wants you to be aware of the importance of recycling
The world is constantly in need of metal, whether it’s aluminum, copper, lead, zinc or stainless steel. But there is only so much raw material in the ground and if we keep mining it, we will eventually run out.
That’s why it is so important that we continue to recycle the reusable metal that we already have. Recycling our metal not only helps lessen our consumption of raw materials, but it also reduces our usage of energy and the pollution of our air and water.
Metals can be recycled and used over and over again.
Dumping metal is a complete waste. Not to mention what it does for the environment.
Even if the metal is an alloy, the pure metal can be extracted and reused.
Here are 5 reasons to recycle:
- Preserving Resources
- Not only will you be aiding in the reduction of natural resources but you will also use fewer resources within your home.
- Reducing Emissions
- The steady increase in the number of carbon emissions that are being released each year is one of the main factors contributing to global warming.
- Managing Energy Consumption
- By recycling more metal, you lessen the demand for natural resources such as ore. If we recycled all of our metal, we could save up to 92% of the energy that we currently use on mining.
- Economic Development
- Recycling metal means the government can save money and spend it on improving various aspects of the economy.
- Price Adjustments
- One of the best reasons to recycle your metal is because in the end, you could save money. If the majority of people recycled their metal it would reduce the cost of metal goods, such as canned foods.
Recycling is becoming more and more prevalent in our society as landfills everywhere begin to reach capacity. Both you and Mother Earth benefit when old metal is given a second life.
At PTL, we know about metal. If you have any questions, give us a call at (931) 647-0675 or contact us today.